GCG is delighted to be participating in a half-day seminar, entitled ‘Recent large-scale field research into offshore foundation behaviour’, which is being held on 15 March 2023, at Imperial College London, prior to the Rankine Lecture.
Specifically, some of the lectures will be delivered by three of GCG’s Associates:
- Prof Richard Jardine, Imperial College – who will discuss ‘Background to ALPACA chalk JIP: project scope and key outcomes’
- Prof Stavroula Kontoe, University of Patras – who will present ‘Numerical analysis of pile tests in Chalk’
- Prof Byron Byrne, University of Oxford – who’s presentation will focus on ‘PICASO: Cyclic lateral loading of monopile foundations in clays and sands’
The first lectures are based on two large Joint Industry Projects (JIP) which GCG actively took part in , namely:
- ALPACA: Axial-lateral pile analysis for chalk, applying multi-scale field and laboratory testing
- ALPHA: Numerical analysis of laterally loaded piles driven in chalk
GCG was pleased to contribute a significant amount to both studies, along with other sponsors.
To find out more about the event, which is free to attend and open to all, please visit: https://www.imperial.ac.uk/events/157618/pre-rankine-seminars-recent-large-scale-field-research-into-offshore-foundation-behaviour/